1. costume jewelry - i love, love, love costume jewelry and spend way too much money on it. you can have all your gold and silver... i'll take giant plastic baubles for $3 from flea markets and teen clothing chains. i'm especially obsessed with rings and earrings. the bigger, the better.
2. chick flicks - i love thought-provoking indie dramas, but i'd choose a light and fluffy romantic comedy over them any day. the cuter the story, and the hotter the male lead, the better. my favorites are serendipity, someone like you and something new. simon baker, hugh jackman, and john cusack? yes, yes and yes.
3. brownies - all chocolate will do, but brownies take the cake. i could live on them. i won't, but i could.
4. reality tv - i'm shamelessly addicted. i don't care what anyone thinks about my beloved real world, bachelor, So you think you can dance, tough love, survivor, amazing race, etc. they're awesome and entertaining. i even watched all of farmer wants a wife and amish in the city... and loved them both.
5. celebrity gossip - whether i'm spending the day checking perez hilton, or spending way too much money on a subscription to US weekly, i have a sick fascination with who's doing what, where and with whom. i especially love the who wore it better features.
6. cher - she's totally my idol! who else can say they've had a #1 hit single in every decade since the 60s? shes fabulous and amazing, and i've used the over 100-songs of hers i have on my zune as a soundtrack to my life.
7. midtown manhattan - i know, i know. downtown's the place to be. it's where all the bars and clubs are, and where the cool kid's hang out. well i don't care. i love the hustle and bustle of midtown. times square's usually a crowded mess, but what's more exciting than being in the middle of that huge avenue with bright lights and tons of people surrounding you? rockefeller center's my second home. you can keep your bars and clubs, cool kids; i'd take broadway any day.
8. vampires - oh vampires, how i love you so. true blood's the best. it's risque, exciting and gritty. the books are great too. i also love the vampire diaries on the cw. it's scarier than i'd expected, and the ian somerhalder/paul wesley team is only the hottest thing on tv. twilight I'm not thrilled with - the book's were horribly written and the acting in the movies is atrocious. there's something that still draws me into the story though... the simplicity of the relationship between bella and edward reminds me of my views of love at 12.
9. department stores - there's something magical about department stores to me. they're just too big, festive and climate-controlled. i love wandering around, taking the escalators to different floors and taking it all in. i especially love the bedding section where you can try out all the beds and imagine how you'd decorate your dream bedroom. loves it. especially around the holidays.
10. disney - i adore all things disney! i'd rather watch aladdin and the little mermaid than any adult movie out there. i've been to disney world 6-times and would go every summer if i could. disney on ice? i'm bringing my cousin early next year. and i'm guilty of going up to the world of disney on 5th ave just to take pictures with the characters more than once.
1.fruit - ESPECIALLY berries, but really any fruit. i would eat fruit, at any time, no matter what other food is available - even over chocolate, even over BEER...totally not ashamed...
2. reading the news - all day - everyday - every source i can find - i can't stop - i don't want to stop - also not ashamed...
3. boston percussion speak
a. boston "up" talk
b. saying things are "out"
c. ..."there it is..."
d. "it's fine!"
f. "i meeeeeaaaaan"
g. big leagues
etc etc etc
4. trivia. like, did you know that the first country to recognize the US diplomatically was croatia?
5. great advertising- especially man themed commercials- current best: old spice.
6. justin......timberlake - duh. also dwayne "the rock" johnson. they are always the best part of whatever they are in...think about it...anyone get that?
7. defacing recital posters and fliers left on the nec percussion department board...no one can hang with nec percussion defacings - one time, a temple percussionist sent his recital poster to us, just so we could deface it and send it back...that's how we roll.
1. shopping. addict. i mean, really. i don't even have to spend money, i just like looking and trying on (but the chance to spend money is always nice too).
2. staples. yes. the office supply store. i could spend hours roaming the isles.
3. blogging. seriously, another thing i could spend HOURS doing.
4. tanning. oh-so-bad for my skin... but there is just something so luxurious about roasting/basking in the warmth of the tanning bed.
5. flirting with my table full of men with the sole purpose/goal of getting a bangin' tip. would this be considered selling myself??
6. DOVE DARK CHOCOLATE BARS, coffee (i drink sooooo much of this poison) and ummm... sweet tea. Not the sweet tea that you sweeten with splenda, the kind of sweet tea where you brew gallons upon gallons and dump pounds upon pounds of sugar into and top it off with a lemon on the side. delish.
7. ice cream. i once (in college) ate nothing but ice cream. and actually lost weight.
1. eating raw cookie dough or cake batter straight from the bowl while i’m baking
2. staying in to watch reality tv – the bachelor, beauty and the geek – the trashier the better. and even worse i screen my calls while watching - are they worthy of interrupting my viewing - it's not likely... :)
3. reading gossip mags and blogs when i should be studying…or anytime really
4. mcdonalds at 2am after a big night out...mmm-mmm. and then cold pizza for breakfast!
5. cheese on anything (and i mean anything), or on its own, especially if melted
6. the twilight series and dreaming of my own edward (i know, this should have stopped when I was 14 but whatever)
7. writing notes in uni lectures as if i’m back in highschool
8. cheesy love songs and 90s dance music
9. eating nutella straight from the jar (preferably while watching gossip girl)
10. dancing and singing in my bedroom, using my hairbrush as a microphone
11. christmas carols and decorations in november (although of course in public i agree with everyone else about their tackiness – it can be our secret right ;)
...nutella right out of the jar?! count me in for that...